Chinese Char Converter
About this program
This program will show you the Chinese Mandarin, Cantonese pronounciation and Cangjie key sequence. Supported languages and data are as following.
- Chinese Mandarin (Putonghua 普通话,) Pinyin 拼音 : Simplified and Traditional
- Cantonese Yale Pinyin: Simplified and Traditional
- Simplified/Traditional character conversion (also from Japanese Kanji is supported)
- Cangjie Traditional Chinese characters strokes. It's used to input Traditional Chinese characters.
Original data is from UniHan DB of unicode.org
How to use it
This package includes 3 ruby scripts and 1 html file.
- mk_unihan_db.rb : generate character conversion table from UniHan DB. Files of UniHan should be stored in data/ directory. This program will generate unihan.hdb .
- print_unihan_reading.rb : command line program to convert chinese characters. It uses unihan.hdb which generated from mk_unihan_db, input from STDIN.
- print_unihan_reading.rb CGI program to convert chinese characters. It uses unihan.hdb which generated from mk_unihan_db, input from STDIN.
- index.html input form and kick print_unihan_reading.cgi .
Please visit http://masaru.org/ctp/