B4B - Brightway for Beginners
These are the materials used in a 8-hour course to learn Brightway2, developed by Massimo Pizzol at Aalborg University and tested once in the Spring 2018.
The overall learning objective is to be able to use Brightway2 to a level comparable to other commercial LCA software. For more details on the course content see the pdf file B4B18_docs.pdf
IMPORTANT NOTE: this course is given live and was not developed to be an online course, these are only the materials, so most of the pedagogical explainations are missing.
To use these materials, the prerequisites are:
- Prior python knowledge and/or some elements of programming (main data structures in python, lists, dictionary, variable, function, class, loops etc.)
- Prior LCA knowledge (matrix calculation, LCA terminology e.g. activities and exchanges...).
The repository includes the following course materials:
- a pdf file with the plan and lectures of the 2018 edition (B4B18_docs.pdf)
- numbered python scripts (.py files) and jupyter notebook scripts (.ipynb files)
- Some excel files for the import exercises.