Welcome to mastercomfig, a modern Team Fortress 2 performance and customization config.
This config is by default for modern PCs and aims to disable heavily unoptimized features and adjust other settings where it does not affect behavior or visuals noticeably. However, the config is documented extensively and also has presets so that you may adjust settings to your needs/preferences.
You may find that this config makes TF2 a lot smoother, eliminates stuttering, reduces load times and increases FPS. This is because this config is heavily tuned and the commands and values are based on TF2's source code, rather than just experiments, guesswork and trying to understand the vague/non-existent documentation.
The config is constantly updated with tweaks, new features and documentation improvements — iterated upon based on user feedback and benchmarks. So if you think there's an unoptimal value, or if it's just as simple as a comment being confusing to you, report the problem and you'll most likely see a fix in a future update.
For more information, including installation steps, check out the docs.
You have my endless gratitude if you support me with money or gift items, and this support encourages me so much!
If you are not able to support me through the above methods, that's fine too! Your thank yous are always cherished and mean so much to me.
- Chris for starting it all
- Comanglia for continuing what Chris started and helping a bit with my config
- Rhapsody for updating Chris' config
- Felik for providing an alternative to Chris-based configs
- JarateKing for all their amazing work on TF2 modding and configuration
- Aar for making amazing videos about TF2 graphics customization and supporting this config
- The community for their continued support, advice and benchmarks. (Special Mentions to: amazoc, JackStanley, Setsul, Hopps, fagoatse, ZeRo5, stabby, Whisker, Vantavimeow, osvaldo, DarkNecrid, steph, Thole, gemm, sage, Malkraz, maximsmol, Fraklin, UnnoTed, Mothership, Mike, Skorp, Smoutebollen, Goatz, DapperTrapper, Tene, mambo, Perkzitos, Sakii, Leo40 and perhaps many others)
- The Valve Developer community for their documentation of Source Engine console variables and mechanics
- and to Valve, for making and updating (for over a decade!) the best class-based FPS to date with so much customizability on top
Valve, the Valve logo, Steam, the Steam logo, Team Fortress, the Team Fortress logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Valve Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
mastercomfig is not sponsored, endorsed, licensed by, or affiliated with Valve Corporation.