Process-getopt is a library that warps getopts to make like much easier when handling with command-line arguments.
It buys you:
- all the goodness of getopt
- define options in one central place together with descriptions.
- fewer 'magic' and duplicated values in your code
- Better consistency between the getopt calling parameters, the case
- statement processing the user's options and the help/man pages
- less spaghetti in your own code
- easier to maintain
- help-page and man-page printing - all from the same data sources
- checking of option consistency at runtime
- range checking of option values at runtime
- pretty easy to use
- portable to OS's without long option support - the help page adapts too
The are examples on the doc directory, also a man page process-getopt.
$ make install
Dont do it directly tough, warp it to build a package for your system instead.
For bugs and another questions open a ticket in the Isssues Page.
You can find me in #bash on irc.freenode.org and in last case mail me through the email that is on my Github Profile
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation version 3 of the License.
A copy of the GNU General Public License can be found in GNU Licence Page
2008 - 2011 Bob Hepple
2012 - Current Alfredo Palhares