Puppet TextMate Bundle
TextMate 2 is Open Source and available from (http://github.com/textmate/textmate).
(It may work for Sublime Edit 2)
To install, clone this repository and drag the puppet-textmate.tmbundle directory on the TextMate icon. The installation will then be automatic.
###This bundle directly supports :
- syntax highlighting of most of the puppet syntax
- common resources or standard language snippets
- command to check syntax of manifests (puppet parser validate) with ctrl-shift-v
- function menu containing hierarchical class/nodes/define and resources titles
- validates puppet on save with puppet-lint **
- validates all puppet in project with ctrl+option+v **
To use last two features you need to have puppet-lint installed, on the command-line. To install it, type on your terminal:
sudo gem install puppet-lint puppet
Other standard textmate functions that are handy for writing puppet code:
- command+option+] aligns the current set of assignments (=>)
- ctrl-shift-' switches from a single quote to double quote and back.