Add autofollow option to invites (#7805)
When creating an invite link, you can choose to make it personal: People who will sign up using the link will automatically follow you upon account activation. The sign-up screen will show this, and of course they can unfollow you later. Useful for bringing followers over from other platforms!
Change language opt-out to language opt-in (#7823)
The previous approach was a mistake: People don't speak more than a handful of languages most of the time, and making everyone tick more than 20 checkboxes just to remove everything they don't know was not user-friendly. This is a turn-around: Now you only have to select languages you want to see, everything else will be hidden. If you don't select anything, all languages will be shown to you, like before.
Allow selecting default posting language instead of auto-detect (#7828)
Language detection is guess-work and often gives inaccurate results, especially on very short messages. In 2.4.0, an option was added to the REST API to specify the language of a single toot manually. Now we're adding a preference to override auto-detection with some particular language.
- Remove placeholder text for media-only toots (#7806)
- Add "find friends", "invite people", and more to getting started footer (#7803)
- Add profile options on compose form (#7789)
- Add dat, dweb, ipfs, ipns, ssb, gopher protocols to URL extractor (#7810)
- Remove rack-timeout (#7809)
- Fix regression where CW is focused on reply (#7811)
- Hide status content when spoiler text is not empty (#7797)
- Put "Media only" option in column settings instead of content area headline (#7801)
- Do not pre-emojify note HTML in accounts REST API (#7821)
- Remove unused indexes (#7829)
- DataTransfer.types may Array-like object (#7827)
- Adjust account__action-bar contents (#7818)
- Fix autosuggest-textarea backgrounds and some minor adjustments (#7817)
- Make list icons different from the getting-started icons (#7838)
- Create special case to prefer "jpeg" over "jpe" file extension (#7841)
- Serialize language into ActivityPub JSON (#7840)
- Update bcrypt to 3.1.12 fix issue with Fedora (#7845)
As always, make sure you have backups of the database before performing any upgrades. If you are using docker-compose, this is how a backup command might look:
docker exec mastodon_db_1 pg_dump -Fc -U postgres postgres > name_of_the_backup.dump
- Dependency updates:
Both Docker and non-Docker:
- This release includes database migrations, that means you need to run
RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rails db:migrate(in Docker:
docker-compose run --rm web rails db:migrate).
- This release includes changes to assets, that means you need to run
RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rails assets:precompile(in Docker:
docker-compose run --rm web rails assets:precompile)