What is QARoR?
It's another Questions & Answers platform for Ruby on Rails
If existing opensource QA clones scares you, try use this. It`s created in Ruby on Rails of most common gems and clean solutions. No need complicated external libraries. It`s saves time and help to quickly start talk with your community. And yes I agree, it needs some finishing touches.
Live demo http://qaror.herokuapp.com/
Why you must try QARoR?
- develop in Rails fashion
- using common gems
- easy to develop thanks Ruby on Rails
- easy to deploy
Install on Heroku (heroku.com)
Install manually on Heroku
- You need Ruby. Easest way to get RUBY is install RVM (Ruby Version Manager) https://rvm.io/rvm/install
- You also need GIT $ sudo apt-get install git
- To deploy QARoR on Heroku you need Heroku Toolbelt - https://toolbelt.heroku.com/ and confirmed Heroku Account.
Type in console:
$ git clone https://github.com/mateuszdw/qaror.git $ cd ./qaror $ bundle install $ git init $ git add . $ git commit -m "init qaror app" $ heroku apps:create your-qaror-app-name $ git push heroku master $ heroku run rake db:migrate $ heroku run rake db:seed
Default QARoR installation is adapted to this Heroku Addons:
$ heroku addons:add mailgun:starter $ heroku addons:add memcachier:dev
If something goes wrong with addons read more on https://devcenter.heroku.com/
This project was implemented at StartX Stanford Accelerator
Feel free to contribute the project
- upgrade to Rails 4
- more documentation and code refactoring
- rebuild UI with AngularJS and Bootstrap (not decide yet)
- AngularJS based WYSIWYG
The MIT License - Copyright (c) 2014 Mateusz Dw