Parasite is a simple extension that enables switching the same page between hosting environments. In other words, open the same file path on a different domain name. Useful when working on a Web project that has multiple hosts/staging servers.
For example: Browse your live website: http://www.your-website.com/about/my-page.html Select another environment from the host list, e.g. 'LOCAL' Firefox then opens the same page on the selected host: http://localhost/about/my-page.html
- Hold CTRL to open in a new tab.
- Hold SHIFT to open in a new window.
- Label and re-order hosts as required.
- Query string parameters and hashes supported.
- Add as many hosts as you like in the options. Currently only supports one project (multiple projects available in future version).
Many more features to come!