Laptop is a script to set up a Mac OS X laptop for Rails development.
- Install a C compiler.
Use OS X GCC Installer for Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6).
Use Command Line Tools for XCode for Lion (OS X 10.7) or Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8).
Set zsh as your login shell.
chsh -s /bin/zsh
Run the script:
zsh <(curl -s https://raw.github.com/matheusbras/laptop/master/mac)
What it sets up
- Heroku Config plugin for local
- Heroku Toolbelt for interacting with the Heroku API
- Homebrew for managing operating system libraries
- ImageMagick for cropping and resizing images
- Postgres for storing relational data
- RVM for managing Ruby versions
It should take less than 15 minutes to install (depends on your machine).
Laptop is maintained and funded by thoughtbot, inc. The names and logos for thoughtbot are trademarks of thoughtbot, inc.
Thank you, contributors!
Laptop is © 2011-2013 thoughtbot, inc. It is free software, and may be redistributed under the terms specified in the LICENSE file.