Oilfield Calculations is a clean and professional web based application that helps oilfield personnel quickly do the calculations they need. This is not a substitute for more robust systems that monitor and assess downhole situations. Rather this is a quick tool that helps personnel answer calculation questions from customers without digging through mounds of data or risk of making a "fat finger" error on a basic calculator.
Calculations are based on the formulas from DrillingFormulas.com and the app is fully functional. There are currently 9 options for calculations.
Our team formed mid-April 2017 as Tomagocha. We are students of The Houston Coding Bootcamp Powered by UT Austin.
As residents of Houston, Texas, we all have close ties to the oilfield. This prompted our thinking toward solutions for oilfield personnel.
Our team is Taylor Feinstein, Lonnie White, Rochelle Beal and Bon Crowder. If you'd like to join the development team, see the information about contributing below.
The Oilfield Calculations application is fully functional online at http://mth4.co/oilfield-calc.
Tools & Technologies Used
- Bootstrap - The web framework used
- Google Sheets - To house the calculations
- Sheetsu - API bridge to/from Google Sheets
- DrillingFormulas.com - Formulas
If you'd like to contribute, shoot us an email or text at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-557-8048. Please read CONTRIBUTING.md for details on our code of conduct, and the process for submitting pull requests to us.
We use GitHub for code management.
- Bon Crowder - Calculations - MathFour
- Taylor Feinstein - UI and Enhancements - TFeinstein24
- Lonnie White - UI and Content - LonnieWhite
- Rochelle Beal - Testing and Support - ro04
This project will be licensed in conjunction with DrillingFormulas.com. In the meantime, we're under copyright for the code, so don't get any ideas!
- Erick Rivas, our instructor for his support and encouragement
- Carl Posten, our "other" instructor who provides another view of coding
- The support team at The Houston Coding Bootcamp: Michelle Bury and Esmerelda Garcia
- The Houston Coding Bootcamp Advisory Board
- And big THANK YOU! to DrillingFormulas.com for their formulas