MathJax extensions for accessibility features (with demos).
The source code is hosted on GitHub at mathjax/MathJax-a11y.
- Collapsing equations test lab with TeX input
- Collapsing equations test lab with MathML input
- Semantics linebreaking test lab with TeX input
- Semantics linebreaking test lab with MathML input
- Example page with responsive equations
- Equation explorer test lab with TeX input
- Example page with speech output and walker
To build the distribution repository for the MathJax Accessibility extension, just call grunt with the default task.
npm install --only=dev && grunt
Note that this repository heavily depends on SRE
Build order as implemented in the Gruntfile
- Clone speech-rule-engine
- Install npm dependencies for speech-rule-engine
make mathjaxin speech-rule-engine to build an optimized version
- Copy subdirectories from
- JSON minify json files in
- Clean up: remove
The build process will generate the following files:
- The minified versions of the assistive technology extension files.
- The closure compiled version of the speech rule engine.
- A single file that combines all of the above.
- mathmaps_ie.js: File with JSON objects that is loaded by the speech rule engine if it runs on IE or Edge.
- mathmaps: JSON files that are loaded by the speech rule engine if it runs in any other browser or environment.
- wxpath.install.js: A copy of wicked-good-xpath for use in IE and Edge.