MathJax In Use
This is a historic selection of (web) applications using MathJax — showcasing some interesting examples that may serve as inspiration.
We keep this for historic purposes. We still highlight new examples in our commnunity news blog posts at mathjax.org.
- eLyxer (LyX to HTML converter; see the Math Showcase)
- Fidus Writer, an web based editor for collaborative academic writing.
- Flatworld knowledge a free textbook publisher using MathJax in their web service.
- Inkling Habitat, a web-based publishing platform.
- jaxedit (on-line LaTeX editor with live preview)
- kramdown a markdown parser in ruby with MathJax support
- MarkedApp, a notetaking app for iOS with MathJax support.
- Markx, an open source markdown+MathJax editor heroku app using StackExchange’s PageDown library and optional pandoc integration.
- Nested (structured document creation)
- Pandoc a universal text document converter with extensive MathJax support
- Qute, Gecko-based text editor with live-preview for Markdown and MathJax.
- ReText a RestructuredText and Markdown editor with MathJax support.
- StackEdit, a versatile open source markdown+MathJax editor webapp and blogging client using StackExchange’s PageDown library.
- DeuterIDE, an IDE with built in MathJax input and preview.
- EQ Writer, a markdown+MathJax text editor for iOS.
- marked, a markdown+mathjax live-preview for any text editor.
- Maxima, an Android implementation of the classic computer algebra system.
- open source iOS sample app
- open source Android sample app
- open source Windows 8 Metro app
- The Graphics Codex, a 3D graphics reference guide.
- WritingKit, a markdown+mathjax editor for iOS
Plugins, Helpers, & Demos
- AsciiMath input, MathJax output live preview at IntMath.
- Collection of plugins and math-problem generators
- Eclipse MathJax plugin Mylyn
- Emacs OrgMode plugin for MathJax
- GmailTeX & GmailChatTeX (to use MathJax with Gmail and Gmail Chat)
- Greasemonkey script to apply MathJax on Github.
- Greasemonkey script for a more general use.
- Instantbird Extension adds MathJax to the Mozilla-based chat client.
- jQuery plugin for instant MathJax Preview of LaTeX typed in HTML textareas, including a WordPress Plugin, by Christian Perfect
- MathJax Bookmarklet to call MathJax from the CDN on any page; by Christian Perfect.
- MathJax for SPIP
- MathJax-rails, a simple ruby gem to integrate MathJax with Rails3.
- MathJax support for Emacs Muse
- Scaling math demo, live preview with slider for scaling the preview (with source on github).
- Pastebin script switching to local copy of MathJax when offline
- MathJax Extension for the webbased SVG editor SVG edit.
- A Baysian calculator and visualization tool
- Algebra1 Solver, Android application that solves algebraic expressions.
- CADEC, a CAD system for composite materials.
- Derivative Calculator and Integral Calculator, combining MathJax with Maxima.
- Encalc (free online scientific calculator)
- Eqeditor (equation editor for iPad)
- Mathbin (math-aware paste-board site)
- MathB.in (another math-aware paste-board site)
- MathEL-Wiki (a mathematics-enabled version of JSPWiki)
- MathICanDo (visual editor and tutorials)
- Mathics (online computer algebra system)
- Mathway, equation editor.
- Scientific Online Calculator
- TeXChat an open source chat system using MathJax
- TeX Rendr (a real-time TeX renderer)
- uComment comment system in Django.
- Web Equation (handwriting to LaTeX or MathML)
- XplicitMath, solving math problems and rendering solutions in real time.
Gallery of Selected Sites
The Gallery of Selected Sites lists our early adopters and is closed. Contact us about your site and we’ll mention you in our Community Update blog posts.
- AMS Feature Columns
- AMS MathSciNet
- The Annals of Mathematics
- Elsevier’s Article of the Future
- CERN document server
- Project Euclid
- Biomedical Optics Express & Optical Material Express (from The Optical Society)
- Introduction to Calculus, an interactive textbook by Group Study.net
- Particle Data group uses MathJax for their repository for particle physics data.
- AstraAlgo cWeb, an international interdisciplinary journal of science.
- Lecture Notes | Notes on Physcis (example), , lecture notes to accompany two sets of video lectures given by renowned physicists, Professor Leonard Susskind and Professor Walter Lewin.
- Virtual Laboratories in Probability and Statistics (University of Alabama in Huntsville)
- KAIST (Department of Mathematical Sciences, South Korea)
- Toronto Math Wiki (Department of Mathematics of the University of Toronto)
- El Jabr (Aïn Temouchent University; in French)
- Statistics for Engineering (McMaster University)
- IsarMathLib (Isabelle/ZF theorem proving environment)
- Mathnotes.me Stanford course pages by Pierre Garapon.
- Catalogue of Complex Hadamard Matrices by Wojciech Bruzda, Wojciech Tadej and Karol Życzkowski.
- Aorinevo.com, calculus course pages.
Q&A platforms, Forums, Wikis
- Math Overflow
- math.stackexchange (example), a popular Q&A platform from the makers of StackOverflow.
- Traditio-ru.org, a Russian wiki.
- GeoGebra Wiki
- SklogWiki (thermodynamics and statistical mechanics)
- Group Study / Calculus (example), an “interactive textbook”.
- Math Help Boards, math forums for all levels.
Blogs&personal websites [early adoptors for historic purposes only]
- The Daily Irrelevant
- STM Publishing: Tools, Technologies and Change
- The Tau Manifesto
- Mathematics Diary
- Program fragments
- Strong Inference
- Math-10 blog
- Sergey Karayev’s Research notes
- Thoughts on Gifted Education
- dexy blog
- Vita Smid’s blog
- Engineering revision
- OPAL tutorial (Optimization of Algorithms)
- MathDL (from the MAA)
- OpenStudy OCW Scholar
- Solutions to Purcell’s Electricity and Magnetism
- Prépas Dupuy de Lôme (in French)
- One Mathematical Cat
- Revolution Prep
- LearningExpress Hub
- Arithmetic Warm Ups
- Schooldocs (in German)
- Chegg Homework Help
- numbas opensource, SCORM-compliant e-assessment system.
- Interactive Mathematics, a site of interactive math lessons using Asciimath-input.
- ULearniversity, K12 and college math education.
- FEMTO, a physics course in French.
- memjogger, flashcards & spaced repetition learning tool with MathJax support.
- Flaslet, a Common Core math practice site.
- Fight Finance, a site dedicated to finance math.
- Formula Directory, a collection for formulas, including the option to compute results, also available as an Android app.