STACK is a world-leading automatic assessment system for mathematics, science and related disciplines.
- Sophisticate assessment of mathematical expressions.
- An emphasis on formative assessment.
- Random generation of questions.
- Students type in an answer, and are not restricted to multiple choice.
- A wide variety of input types, including line by line working.
- An open-source system (GPL).
A PDF flyer about the STACK project is available through this website.
Where to start
Welcome to the official user documentation for the STACK project.
- Authoring questions, including an authoring quick start guide.
- Question testing.
- Deploying questions.
More about what we are trying to achieve can be found under the philosophy of STACK.