A tool that looks for ANAME records in your zone and expand the zone with the target address records,
The specification is a work in progress: https://github.com/each/draft-aname
Mode of operation
- Provide a zone name that you want to perform ANAME resolution for.
- Look for ANAME RRset, perform validation checks.
- For each ANAME RRset, resolve the A and AAAA RRset for the target.
- If resolution is successful, rename owner name of target RRsets with ANAME owner name.
- Add target RRsets to the zone.
This could be improved to actually replace the sibling A and AAA RRset on the owner name of ANAME.
First install ldns. Then you can do:
autoconf ./configure make LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/lib export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Now you can run
ANAME has no number yet
Since ANAME is a draft in the IETF, it has no assigned number yet. I use the private RR type TYPE65533 for now.