/ matomo Public
Plugin to show geographical (world, continent, country) maps: library integration ideas #5694
For new feature suggestions that for example enhance Matomo's cabapilities..
Indicates the severity or impact or benefit of an issue is much higher than normal but not critical.
We would like to have a map feature in Piwik, using an open source map solution.
After lots of research, it seems that the best technical solution would be to use SVG maps from Wikipedia project, which are of high quality and accuracy.
Here are a few links:http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Blank_SVG_maps_of_Europe http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:SVG_maps_of_France
- List of maps available through wikipedia
- Examples of a few SVG files from wikipedia
- An example of a nice user interaction (color scaling, Hover tooltip with metrics details): http://www.redhat.com/about/where-is-open-source/activity/ — but we don’t want to use google maps of course.
- Use of interactive SVG maps and web services to monitor CMS tracker
- specify the user interaction feature set: world view + ability to zoom into a country to see metrics by city or region, possibility to zoom out from country to world, tooltip on hover to show metrics, possibility to change the metrics being plotted (visits, unique visitors, time on site, etc.)
- how to bundle the SVG maps in Piwik? write a script that gets them from wikipedia? download a bundle of them from wikipedia (is it doable)?
- user interface: colors to use, color scaling, tooltip design, integration in the existing Piwik UI, etc.
- level of details by country? GeoIP gives us: country, region in the country, city. Can we plot on a map this level of detail for each country? or only specific country for which we have the SVG map?
If you are interested to contribute, please post a comment
The text was updated successfully, but these errors were encountered: