Capability requested in #225.
Supported FreeBSD10 as per #225
Note: This PR is untested.
@peterjeremy are you able to test? If not, I suggest we merge this PR and see how it fares.
hang on, @pelson, I've got an alternative proposal coming shortly.
ok, done, see #985 for the alternatives which removes redundancy and allows us to ignore innocent version bumps that won't otherwise break anything in the future.
Thanks @ivanov. I think there is a small discussion to be had on #985 which will help us decide to either merge this PR or #985.
As I said in the other PR, I just don't like the idea of duplication of effort. According to this CVS history, FreeBSD has been patching this issue in their ports tree since 2008. So every time FreeBSD get a new release, they will patch it, and then we will also end up having to patch it once someone tries to build from git on FreeBSD and not from ports, and Sage is also patching it.
Closed in favour of #985