Major release of Matplotlib
This release completely overhauls the default style of the plots.
- 'viridis' is default color map instead of jet.
- Modernized the default color cycle.
- Many more functions respect the color cycle.
- Line dash patterns scale with linewidth.
- Change default font to DejaVu, now supports most Western
alphabets (including Greek, Cyrillic and Latin with diacritics),
math symbols and emoji out of the box.
- Faster text rendering.
- Improved auto-limits.
- Ticks out and only on the right and bottom spines by default.
- Improved auto-ticking, particularly for log scales and dates.
- Improved image support (
imshowrespects scales and eliminated a
class of artifacts).