HTTPS clone URL
Subversion checkout URL
- Dev meeting notes
- Hangout 2013 10 24
- Matplotlib style suggestions
- MEP15 Fix axis autoscaling when limits are specified for one axis only
- Mep19 continuous integration hangout
- Mep21 improved color and cm modules
- Scipy 2013
- Scipy 2013 BOF Notes
- Scipy 2013 sprinting notes
- Scipy 2014 BOF Notes
Clone this wiki locally
Table of Contents
This MEP template is a guideline of the sections that a MEP should contain. Extra sections may be added if appropriate, and unnecessary sections may be noted as such.
MEPs go through a number of phases in their lifetime:
- Discussion: The MEP is being actively discussed on the mailing list and it is being improved by its author. The mailing list discussion of the MEP should include the MEP number (MEPxxx) in the subject line so they can be easily related to the MEP.
- Progress: Consensus was reached on the mailing list and implementation work has begun.
- Completed: The implementation has been merged into master.
- Superseded: This MEP has been abandoned in favor of another approach.
All development branches containing work on this MEP should be linked to from here.
All pull requests submitted relating to this MEP should be linked to from here. (A MEP does not need to be implemented in a single pull request if it makes sense to implement it in discrete phases).
The abstract should be a short description of what the MEP will achieve.
This section describes the need for the MEP. It should describe the existing problem that it is trying to solve and why this MEP makes the situation better. It should include examples of how the new functionality would be used and perhaps some use cases.
This section lists the major steps required to implement the MEP. Where possible, it should be noted where one step is dependent on another, and which steps may be optionally omitted. Where it makes sense, each step should include a link related pull requests as the implementation progresses.
This section describes the ways in which the MEP breaks backward incompatibility.
If there were any alternative solutions to solving the same problem, they should be discussed here, along with a justification for the chosen approach.