Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
This release changes only the required matrix-puppet-bridge version, to 1.17.0.
Bridge version 1.17.0 handles m.notice messages as text instead of ignoring them, and finally creates rooms invite-only! It sets existing rooms invite-only whenever it touches them, too, to migrate them automatically in a way.
1.10.1 fixes two important bugs:
- The bridge could not create new Matrix rooms on versions of Synapse after a certain change. That's been fixed, but anyone upgrading to 1.10.1 will need to edit their slack_registration.yaml or let the bridge regenerate it, reinstall it into Snapse and restart Synapse. See below for upgrade instructions.
- The bridge will now check whether Slack message_changed messages really do represent a message with changed text before treating them as edits (Slack also sends these messages for URL previews, and maybe for other things)
It's strongly recommended to upgrade.
To update your slack-registration.yaml, just update the slack-registration.yaml file, in Synapse's data directory (not the old generated one in matrix-puppet-slack's directory), so that the
namespaces section looks like this:
namespaces: users: - exclusive: true regex: '@slack_.*' aliases: - exclusive: false regex: '@slack_.*' rooms: 
And then restart Synapse.
Your slack-registration.yaml will already have an
aliases:  key-value; be sure you're replacing it. If your slack-registration.yaml defines aliases properly, but then
aliases: , it'll be overwritten and nothing will have changed.
- Fixes Matrix-to-Slack image upload
- No longer sends markdown-formatted @-mention links in the plaintext body of Matrix events; instead uses plaintext username the way text-only clients traditionally have it.
Support for a few new events is added, including:
- Slack -> Matrix typing notifications
- Slack Attachment message text