Laptop is a script to set up a Mac OS X laptop for Rails development.
- Install a C compiler.
Use OS X GCC Installer for Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6).
Use Command Line Tools for XCode for Lion (OS X 10.7) or Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8).
Set zsh as your login shell.
chsh -s /bin/zsh
Run the script:
zsh <(curl -s https://raw.github.com/mattbanks/laptop/master/mac)
What it sets up
- Ack for finding things in files
- Bundler gem for managing Ruby libraries
- Homebrew for managing operating system libraries
- Git, because you need version control, homie
- Grunt for all of its awesomeness
- Node for running a JS based server
- Rails gem for writing web applications
- SSH public key for authenticating with Github
- Z Script for quick access to previous projects/folders
It should take less than 15 minutes to install (depends on your machine).
Laptop is maintained and funded by thoughtbot, inc. The names and logos for thoughtbot are trademarks of thoughtbot, inc.
Thank you, contributors!
Laptop is © 2011-2013 thoughtbot, inc. It is free software, and may be redistributed under the terms specified in the LICENSE file.