Airbrussh Change Log
All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file. This project adheres to Semantic Versioning.
- Your contribution here!
- #95: colorize LogMessage label on WARN level and above - @klyonrad
- #106: Remove the
log_fileparameter from the
CommandFormatter#exit_messagemethod; it was unused - @mattbrictson
- Add Ruby 2.4.0 to testing matrix and fix Ruby 2.4 deprecation warnings
- When a Capistrano deploy fails and the error log is dumped to the console, Airbrussh no longer truncates the error output. This ensures that important troubleshooting information is not lost. #91
- Use default color for info messages.
When using the
graycolor on some implementation of the
solarizedtheme the text is not visible. The
solarizedtheme is popular and bugs have been reported about missed error messages, so this patch switches these messages to the default color. (see #84)
- Fix a crash that can happen in certain multi-server deployments when
invokeis used to switch Rake tasks in the middle of SSHKit execution (#78, #80)
- Fix support for fake TTYs reporting a 0 width console like Ruby's PTY library #76
- No changes since 1.0.0.beta1.
- Airbrussh can now be configured with an options Hash passed to the
Airbrussh::Formatterconstructor. This is in order to standardize how all SSHKit formatters are configured (see SSHKit #308).
- Airbrussh now displays the correct user@host output in the following edge-cases:
- Inside an SSHKit
as(:user => "...")block
- When a user is specified using
set :ssh_options, :user => "..."(see #65)
- Inside an SSHKit
- Handle truncation of raw/non-UTF8 output without crashing (#57)
- Re-implement the "tail log on deploy failure" feature in pure Ruby (#59)
- Code of contact added to the project
- Tests now run on Windows (#55)
This is another release with mostly behind-the-scenes changes. If you notice any differences in Airbrussh's behavior in this version, please report an issue.
- Bundler 1.10 is now required to build and test airbrussh (this doesn't affect users of airbrussh at all).
- If the directory containing the log file doesn't exist, Airbrussh will now attempt to create it using
- By default Airbrussh now always prints
Using airbrussh format.when it starts up. In previous versions, a bug caused this message to sometimes not be shown. To change or disable this message, set the
bannerconfiguration option as explained in the README.
NameError: uninitialized constant Airbrussh::SimpleDelegator
There are no changes to the actual behavior and feature set of Airbrussh in this release.
There are, however, many behind-the-scenes changes and improvements to overall code quality. This release also adds support for upcoming versions of SSHKit.
- Added Rubocop enforcement to Travis
- Added Code Climate and Coveralls checks (see badges in the README)
- Airbrussh now has good test coverage, and is tested by Travis against a matrix of Ruby and SSHKit versions (@robd)
- Changes to support the new SSHKit formatter API, as introduced in SSHKit #257 (@robd)
Airbrussh.resethas been removed
- Airbrussh now has its own ANSI color code; it no longer relies on a third-party gem (i.e.
Marshal.dumpwarnings by removing
deep_copyworkaround that it is no longer needed for the latest SSHKit (#10).
- Changes to ensure compatibility with the upcoming version of SSHKit (ec3122b).
- Explicitly specify UTF-8 encoding for source files, for Ruby 1.9.3 compatibility (#9).
config.banneroption allows startup message to be disabled or changed (suggestion from @justindowning)
config.command_outputoption gives full control of whether airbrussh shows or hides the stderr and stdout data received from remote commands; see the usage section of the README for further explanation (suggestion from @carlesso)
- Un-pin SSHKit dependency now that SSHKit 1.7.1 has been released.
- Pin SSHKit dependency at
~> 1.6.1to avoid a bug in 1.7.0 that causes command exit statuses to be omitted from the log.
- Initial release