Contributing to chandler
Have a feature idea, bug fix, or refactoring suggestion? Contributions are welcome!
- Check Issues to see if your contribution has already been discussed and/or implemented.
- If not, open an issue to discuss your contribution. I won't accept all changes and do not want to waste your time.
- Once you have the
👍, fork the repo, make your changes, and open a PR.
- Don't forget to add your contribution and credit yourself in
- This project has a coding style enforced by RuboCop. Use hash rockets and double-quoted strings, and otherwise try to follow the Ruby style guide.
- Writing tests is strongly encouraged! This project uses Minitest.
After checking out the repo, run
bin/setup to install dependencies.
chandler offers the following development and testing commands:
bin/consoleloads your working copy of chandler into an irb session
bundle exec chandlerruns your working copy of the chandler executable
rakeexecutes all of chandler's tests and RuboCop checks
A Guardfile is also present, so if you'd like to use Guard to do a TDD workflow, then:
bundle install --with guardto get the optional guard dependencies
guardto monitor the filesystem and automatically run tests as you work