ttcp (Test TCP) - Benchmarking Tool and Simple Network Traffic Generator
This is a ruby version of the original C ttcp program.
This tool aims to be a drop in replacement for the original C version, with interoperable networking and command line options. ie: you can have the C and ruby versions talk to each other.
$ gem install ttcp.
Similar to the original TTCP program, run a receiver on one machine and a transmitter on another, in that order:
For more command line options run:
- only ruby std libraries
- ci_reporter (for use with jenkins)
- MRI ruby 1.8.7
- MRI ruby 1.9.2
- JRuby (tested in 1.9 compatibility mode)
- Install dependencies by running
$ bundle install
- Write tests and code
- Make sure the tests pass by running
$ rake test
- Push and send a pull request on GitHub
- Tests don't seem to run in JRuby 1.6.5, but the TTCP program works itself.
Special thanks to the Mike Muuss and Terry Slattery and other contributors of the original TTCP program.
Copyright © 2012 Matt Connolly. Released under the MIT license. See LICENSE.