By Matt Cook
What this project is
This is a Python application that creates a responsive HTML page populated with current movies - including title, poster, trailer, and overview.
How to run
Download this repository as a zip file, or clone it onto your machine. Change your working directory to this.
NOTE: As mentioned above, you need an API key from TheMovieDB. In the file now_playing.py, you need to insert your API key in line 6, replacing the text "APIKEYGOESHERE."
Once you have inserted your API key, type the following code:
This is all you have to do - your default web browser will open the page.
- media.py - This file defines the 'Movie' class.
- page_builder.py - Contains the templating information and the procedure that assembles the final page.
- now_playing.py - Assembles a list of movies from TheMovieDB, and runs the page_builder. This file is the main executable.
- This project is the first in the Full Stack Web Development Nanodegree through Udacity. The project prompt provided a file to create the front end of the site from the provided data structure. I deleted the given file and learned how to create this entire project from the ground up, including styling and creating/processing files on the OS level.
- Instead of using preset data of movies to populate the page, I learned how to use TheMovieDB API to populate this application with the first page of results from a query that lists movies now in theaters.