A generator for Yeoman designed to knock down everything standing between you and that next kick-ass prototype.
Thats a big job, so we bring out the big hipster guns:
- Node.js Oorah
- Express a compact web application framework
- Swig a templating engine with that new car smell
- Bower for client side dependency management
- Grunt to automate the monotonous stuff better left to robots
- Bootstrap because icons and stuff are hard right?
- GoInstant instant real-time multi-user magic sauce
We'll need Yeoman, so lets tell npm to get it:
$ npm install -g yo
Yeoman has plug-ins, those are managed by npm too:
$ npm install -g generator-column
Now, your going to want to find a new home for your project and initiate the generator, you'll want to have your GoInstant account name and application name nearby, if you haven't registered for those yet you can do that here:
$ yo column
Ok, so we have an application, lets fire it up. Grunt will run browserify and lint your scripts whenever they change, if your using chrome your web application will also live reload.
Getting To Know Yeoman
Yeoman has a heart of gold. He's a person with feelings and opinions, but he's very easy to work with. If you think he's too opinionated, he can be easily convinced.