City Council Agendas
- Git clone this
- Run install/install.sh to install the project dependencies.
- You will also need to have an elasticsearch database installed and running at
Hot Search Terms
- Zoning / Zone / Rezone
- Liquor / "Special Designated License"
- Public Hearing
- Annex / Subdivision
- Contract / Purchase Order / Interlocal / Processional Service Agreement
- Import ALL past agendas into ElasticSearch database
- Push forward with NLP implementation (break this down into more concrete goals)
- Figure out how to extract addresses from the document text (Yahoo! Placemaker for geocoding)
- Improve current front-end by displaying specific agenda items and highlighting search terms
- Mockup/Prototype other front-ends (e.g. two panel display that utilizes NLP information)
- Tie NLP processing of agenda items to nightly script.
- Collect data (e.g. what search terms are being used)
- Runs every night at midnight.
- Downloads every agenda on the main page and adds them to our datastore if they are not already in there.
elasticsearch is an "open source, distributed, RESTful search engine." It is used as the search database for the agendas and their extracted metadata. Individual agendas are identified by their date.
To access a specific agenda by its identifier, use the URL format: