Queries GitHub's API to determine what percentage of repositories have tests in a given location.
- Output a
city.csvfile with raw data about each repository found
- Breakdown repos by language and the percentage with tests
$ ./towntester Enter city: [Lincoln] Finding repos in Lincoln... Found 168 repositories. Checking for tests... Checking tblobaum/directory (0 / 168) Checking tblobaum/dnode-session (1 / 168) .... Statistics written to lincoln.csv Statistics by language: Objective-C: 50% Ruby: 23% Java: 21%
- Ruby 1.9.2
- octokit gem
- Git CLI
- *nix environment (tested on OS X and Xubuntu)
- Sloooooooow. Currently clones every Github repository locally, which take take a ton of time.
- GitHub's User search API only returns 100 results, with no pagination. This means not every repo in a given city will be checked.
- Searching a repository for tests is very simplistic - it just looks for any file with
specin its name