A collection of awesome resources about public speaking. Please read the contributing guideline if you wish to contribute.
- 8 Classic Storytelling Techniques for Engaging Presentations - by Ffion Lindsay
- Block Your Talk - by Christina Wodtke
- How To Get Speaking Engagements - by Sam Jarman
- Nine Secrets to Powerful Public Speaking - by Julian Treasure
- Presenting is Performance - by Christina Wodtke
- Speaker Style Bingo: 10 Presentation Anti-Patterns - by Troy Hunt
- How To Prepare And Write A Tech Conference Talk - by Lena Reinhard
- Hosting virtual events for developers pt.1: Audience, topic, event title, & event description
- Hosting virtual events for developers pt.2: Structure, slide decks, and event flow
- Propose, Prepare, Present - Free Ebook by Alistair Croll (O'Reilly)
- Presentation Patterns - by Neal Ford, Matthew McCullough, and Nate Schutta (Addison-Wesley)
- Presentation Zen Design - by Garr Reynolds. How to design your presentation.
- TED Talks: The Official TED Guide to Public Speaking - by Chris Anderson (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt). Start to finish guide to giving powerful talks.
List of Call of Paper sites and services.
- Callback Women - Sharing CFPs via Twitter.
- PaperCall - Place to manage your talks and submissions.
- IT CFP List - List of IT conferences Call For Papers, changes are also published via Twitter @ItCfpList.
- Tulu.la - Curated list of tech events and open CFPs. Friendly community and speaker support champions. Community-driven.
- Codementor Events - Curated listed of tech events and year-round developer-centered virtuao events.
- Toastmasters - An international non-profit educational organizations that facilitates the creation and growth of clubs around the world. The goal of the clubs is to improve the leadership and public speaking skills of members.
- Awesome - A collection of awesome things curated by Sindre Sorhus
- Awesome Community - A collection of awesome communities curated by Peter Kokot
- Public Speaking - A collection of resources on presenting at technical conferences by VM Brasseur
- The Talk on Talks - by Zach Holman [36:26]
- 10 Quick Tips for More Effective Conference Submissions and Presentations - by Matthew McCullough [30:07]
- How to Talk to Developers - by Ben Orenstein [47:37]
- How to Stay Calm When You Know You'll Be Stressed - by Daniel Levitin [12:20]
- The surprising secret to speaking with confidence - by Caroline Goyder [18:55]
- Bringing Your Full Voice to Life - by Barbara McAfee [19:07]
- How I Overcame My Fear of Public Speaking - by Danish Dhamani [08:36]
- How to speak so that people want to listen - by Julian Treasure [09:58]
- Speaking.io - Tips for preparing your talk and get ready to deliver it
- awesome-talks - a collection of awesome tech talks
- We Are All Awesome! - a collection of interesting posts about speaking, preparing, motivation, etc
- HelpMeAbstract - Get feedback from veteran speakers before you submit your talk.
- Irongeek - A collection of information security talks.
- Words to Time - Calculates how long a speech will take to present based on the number of words.