This repository generates the documentation available at http://handbook.mattermost.com/.
All documentation is available under the terms of a Creative Commons License.
To generate the HTML files from markdown in the
- Download repo onto a machine with Python installed
- Install pipenv:
pip install pipenv
cdinto the cloned repository
- Install required packages:
make html- generates files in
How to create Pull Requests to edit or create Mattermost documentation (by community members):
- Sign the Contributor License Agreement (see instructions in the next section).
- On the Mattermost Documentation page that you want to edit, click the GitHub icon on the upper right corner that says "Edit".
- Click "Edit this file" (pencil icon).
- After making changes, check the "Create a new branch for this commit and start a pull request".
- Make sure that the Pull Request has a descriptive title. Add comments to briefly tell others what you have worked on (optional).
- Click "Create a Pull Request".
Additional process for Core Committers for Doc Repo:
These steps are to be followed only in situations of urgency or in situations where it is necessary to check that there aren't any high confidentiality issues. Otherwise the standard approval process should be followed.
- “Needs Editor Review” label should be processed after merge.
- IMPORTANT: Person conducting editor review needs to have their suggestions merged by author. Do this by mentioning the pre-release.mattermost.com user name in the GitHub Pull Request.
- Check weekly or bi-weekly that there are no “Needs Editor Review” labels on closed Pull Requests.
If you can't install sphinx on MacOS try
sudo pip install sphinx sphinx-autobuild sphinx_rtd_theme --ignore-installed six.