Diggy is a DHTML Game Engine (DGE). If you tried to pronounce "DGE", you'd probably say it like "Diggy". That explains the name.
Diggy is not:
- a DOM selector
- an event manager
- a canvas or SVG library
- useful for standard web apps
- meant to do anything but make DOM games
Note: Diggy has been abandoned by its original author. Still, it's pretty full-featured; see the example game called Bombada.
- Pretty sure
localStoragedoesn't work right.
- Weird pseudo-Titanium support?
- Breaks in IE (but fuck that browser anyway).
- The whole inheritance pattern is really odd and kinda junky.
grepfor "todo", holy crap.