A Toki Pona Parser This is a library for parsing toki pona, an artificial language where most lexical categories are closed. There are about 125 unbound morphemes (words). The syntax is also limited to a single sentence template, which formally can be represented in about a dozen rules. It small, toy-like size makes it suitable for linguistic experiments.
Here is the working app:
- Normalizing. (Removing some irregularities from the text)
- Parsing to C# datastructures (See Serializations)
- Glossing, with & without POS
If you don't write code
- Write toki pona and create issues for text that should parse but fails to parse
- Write issues for breaks in the various features of the demo site.
Here is the issue tracker: https://github.com/matthewdeanmartin/tokipona.parser/issues
Suggestions on getting started:
You can contribute with VS2010, VS2013, VS2013 Community (free and allows plugins) or SharpDev.
- Read unit tests inside BasicTypes. They are all well behaved (ie. safe to run over and over)
- The DemoSite is the entry point for the UI.
To Write Your Own Apps
- To use in your own application, use the BasicTypes dll.
- SOON. If you don't write C#, soon I will support a REST+XML+JSON API. Any day now.