This tool is used to remember all the visible windows in WINDOW OS, then you can restore the position according to your setting.
- The index of this tool is windowsName, so if the windowsName has some overlap, you may need to find a unique key word for each windows
The tools is run on Python, so first of all you need to install a Python 2.7(Not 3.x), and a pywin32 lib for python 2.7, you can find it in these links:
- You need to open up all the windows you want to remember, and place them at the right place.
- If you haven't set a PATH for python, then run this first
- Open a cmd, and run
python.exe main.py -p, you will see all the windows name.
- Find out the one or more which you cared about, and take a key word from the windows name.
python.exe main.py -c [win1] [win2] ...to create a list, which store the key word for each windows
python.exe main.py -sto save all the windows position.
- Then you can run at any time when you need to restore the windows position with
python.exe main.py -r
Note: you only have to create and save the windows once, if there is no change, then don't need to update it any more, because we have a local cache has saved them all.
- You can use "python main.py -c add or del" to add or delete key words
Using WIN+up or down (right or left) to show up the windows which can't find.