A super simple, responsive boilerplate built for all devices big, small and in-between
Created to work on all devices big and small, Base has got you covered for your next exciting web project.
Built on Normalize.css, it includes all the foundation styles for typography, lists, tables, blockquotes, forms and more.
Perfected to work with older browsers (IE7+) and modern browsers such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Opera.
Preview the docs to see the Base Boilerplate in all its glory! :)
- index.html: Basic HTML template which includes jQuery
- style.css: Base stylesheet for typography, headings, tables, form elements, etc
- readme.markdown - The Read Me file for Base (feel free to delete this)
- .htaccess - Apache server caching, compression, and other configuration defaults for Grade-A performance (taken from HTML5 Boilerplate)
- less (folder):
- mixins.less - Basic Mixins which include font-size properties and more
- style.less - The base stylesheet in LESS format
- sass (folder):
- mixins.scss - Basic Mixins which include font-size properties and more
- style.scss - The base stylesheet in SASS format
- images (folder):
- favicon.ico: Standard 32x32 favicon
- apple-touch-icon (x3): All three sizes of Apple touch icons for iPhone 3, iPad and iPhone 4 with retina.
- js (folder):
- shiv.js - Enables HTML5 support for legacy versions of Internet Explorer
- grid (folder):
- base-grid.psd - PSD grid based on 960.gs
Base was built by Matthew Hartman (@hartmanmatthew), a passionate front end developer based in Melbourne, Australia.
- base_css-rails - a gem that adds the Base Boilerplate to the application's asset pipeline by Ricardo Cruz
- Thanks to Beau Smith (@beau) for the custom breakpoint suggestion
- Thanks to HTML5 Boilerplate for the .htaccess file
- Nicolas Gallagher (@necolas) for Normalize.css and Micro ClearFix.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.