A Rock Solid, Responsive HTML/CSS Framework built to work on all devices big and small.
Lightweight and minimal code. Spend less time overriding styles and focus more time on creating beautiful website applications.
Built mobile-first to ensure it works with all devices big and small.
Built from Normalize.css to ensure all basic rules are inherited.
Perfected to work with older browsers and modern browsers.
Independant modules. Include what you want and make it yours.
Includes a GulpJS config to automate your workflow from build to go-live.
Well documented for an excellent understanding of how it all works.
Looking for the old Base?
Base 1 is still available.
Base was built by Matthew Hartman (@matthewhartmans) - a passionate front end developer based in Melbourne, Australia.
Thank You / Credits
- base_css-rails - a gem that adds the Base framework to the application's asset pipeline by Ricardo Cruz
- Thanks to HTML5 boilerplate for the base HTML template
- Daniel Eden for the CSS3 animations - animate.css
- Nicolas Gallagher @necolas for normalize.css and micro clearfix
- Tristan McNab for adding bower support