Welcome to Commonmarks
What is Commonmarks?
Commonmarks is a self-hosted bookmarking web application written with Ruby on Rails. The idea behind Commonmarks isn't to compete with other bookmarking applications, but to provide a self-hosted alternative that let's you save and organise your bookmarks.
What's coming up?
I'm working on this on my own time, so features will be delivered as and when I can fit the time in to work on them.
Here's a little lightweight roadmap of what I am hoping to add in the next few months:
- An owner can reset their password
- Tags can be sorted by frequency or name
- Tag bundles can be shared or hidden
- RSS feeds (falls in line with the public site setting, so is only enabled when the site is public)
- Sitemap (again falls in line with the public site setting, only enabled when the site is public)
- Starred bookmarks
- Tag collection heading to show the selected tag and the number in the collection
Looking a little further ahead, here's what I have in plan for the long term:
- The ability to host multiple accounts on a single instance.
- A bookmark page showing an individual bookmark and related bookmarks.
- The ability to automatically add bookmarks via RSS feeds.