TaskPaper Month Generator
Use it here: matthewmcvickar.github.io/taskpaper-month-generator
Given a list of tasks, generates a list of days and tasks for a specified month that can be pasted into TaskPaper for a monthly schedule.
Go to the TaskPaper Month Generator.
To add tasks to a day, enter the day number, start a new line, and list each new task on a new line and prefix it with a dash, like you would in TaskPaper. Start a new line without a dash to create a note. Use Tab to indent lines.
Events that repeat on a given day each week can be listed under their day name, and the formatting is flexible:
mon all work just fine.
Events that happen on the last day of the month can be listed under the heading
Last Day or
This syntax is inconsistent to demonstrate its flexibility:
1: - to-do item 14: - another task notes 29: - task - yet another task notes and details another note Monday: - a weekly task wed: - a task that happens every wednesday last: - a task that happens on the last day of the month
The generated TaskPaper month will be updated as you type. Hit the Copy button in the generated month box to copy it all to your clipboard, then paste it into a Taskpaper document.
To generate an empty month, click the Empty button in the editor.
- The Tab key works in the editor, to allow for notes.
- Generates a link to generate the next month at the end of the list.
- Quick copy-to-clipboard button.
- Utilizes local storage so that your list of monthly tasks is retained between visits.
- Syntax for tasks that occur weekly on a given day.
- Syntax for tasks on the last day of the month.
TaskPaper is developed by Jesse Grosjean of Hog Bay Software.
- Justin Falcone and Cody Robbins for code review
- John C. for motivating me to add support for events that repeat on a certain day every week.
- MIT License © Matthew McVickar