Rename Images with Date Photo Taken
Purpose: Renames image files in a folder based on date photo taken from EXIF metadata
Author: Matthew Renze
Usage: python.exe Rename.py input-folder
- input-folder = the directory containing the image files to be renamed
Example: python.exe Rename.py C:\Photos
- Given a photo named "Photo Apr 01, 5 54 17 PM.jpg"
- with EXIF date taken of "4/1/2018 5:54:17 PM"
- when you run this script on it's parent folder
- then it will be renamed "20180401-175417.jpg"
- For safety, please make a backup before running this script
- Currently only designed to work with .jpg, .jpeg, and .png files
- EXIF metadate must exist or an error will occur