This project is an openfl version of nme-tilelayer. The point of this project is to offer the same functionality that nme-tilelayer has but make it compatible with Haxe 3 and openfl.
Openfl-tilelayer is lightweight and very optimized wrapper over openfl's powerful but lowlevel 'drawTiles' which offers the best rendering performance (ie. batching) on native platforms.
- provides a basic display-list, spritesheet animations, mirroring (tile flipping), scale X/Y,
- includes a Sparrow spritesheet parser, supporting trimming,
- uses (and caches computations of) the new drawTiles' transform2x2 for native platforms,
- uses Bitmaps for Flash target rendering,
- very optimized memory management, near-zero garbage collection.
Warning: TileLayer is a "batching" class so it should be used to display "many elements" - that means you should include as many sprites/anims as possible in the spritesheet. Creating many TileLayers is conter-productive, because having many textures and not doing batching is inefficient for GPU performance.
- install the library: type
haxelib install tilelayerin your terminal
<haxelib name="tilelayer" />in your nmml
// sprite sheet var sheetData = Assets.getText("assets/spritesheet.xml"); var tilesheet = new SparrowTilesheet(Assets.getBitmapData("assets/spritesheet.png"), sheetData); // you can now load higher/lower resolution textures seamlessly var tilesheet = new SparrowTilesheet(Assets.getBitmapData("email@example.com"), sheetData, 2); var tilesheet = new SparrowTilesheet(Assets.getBitmapData("assets/spritesheet-low.png"), sheetData, 0.5); // tile-layer var layer = new TileLayer(tilesheet); // optional flags: smoothing, additive blendmode
Add/manipulate elements as a display list:
// static tile var sprite = new TileSprite(layer, "spritename"); layer.addChild(sprite); // animated tile var clip = new TileClip(layer, "animname"); clip.loop = false; layer.addChild(clip); // tile group (only translation, use the TileGroupTransform behaviour for more) var group = new TileGroup(layer); group.addChild(new TileSprite(layer, "othername")); group.addChild(new TileClip(layer, "yetanother")); layer.addChild(group);
Note: you can provide null as the layer reference, but then Tiles will have a null size until they are added to the layer's display list.
// batch it! addChild(layer.view); // layer is NOT a DisplayObject layer.render();
- view (root DisplayObject)
- useAlpha (default true)
- useTransforms (default true)
TileSprite / TileClip properties
- tile (set image)
- x, y
- offset (change pivot, relative to center)
- scale / scaleX / scaleY
- mirror (1: horizontal, 2: vertical)
- r / g / b (defaults to 0.0, up to 1.0)
- width / height (readonly)
- tile (set anim)
- onComplete (TileClip->Void)
- play / stop
- x, y
- width / height (readonly, buggy)
- addChild / addChildAt / removeChild / removeChildAt
- extends TilesheetEx to parse Sparrow engine tilesheets,
- supports animation and trimming.
- Base class required by TileLayer,
- animations are matched by name (startsWith) and cached,
- can be used directly to dynamically build a spritesheet: TilesheetEx.createFromImages, TilesheetEx.createFromAssets
- fix TileGroup width/height measurement
- support useTint in Flash/JS fallback
- TileGroups inside TileGroup returns incorrect width/height.
This code was created by Philippe Elsass and is provided under a MIT-style license. Copyright (c) Philippe Elsass. All rights reserved. Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.