We love contributions! These guidelines will help make sure we can get your contributions merged as quickly as possible:
- Write good commit messages!
- If you want to add a new feature, talk to us on the mailing list or IRC first. We might already have plans, or be able to offer some advice.
- Make sure your code passes the tests that ImageKit already has. To run the
tests, first install tox,
pip install tox, then use
tox. This will let you know about any errors or style issues.
- While we're talking about tests, creating new ones for your code makes it much easier for us to merge your code quickly. ImageKit uses nose, so writing tests is painless. Check out ours for examples.
- It's a good idea to do your work in a branch; that way, you can work on more than one contribution at a time without making them interdependent.