op stands for option parser. This is a dead simple library to parse commandline options from C programs.
- both short and long options
- assign-options (E.G.: --foo "this is a string")
- multi-assign-options (E.G.: --foo argopt1 argopt2)
- short option grouping (-a -b -c is the same as -abc)
It does not provide:
- key value assignments like --foo=bar
And is designed to be useable in a dead simple way.
The goal of this library is not high performance, as I don't think an argument parsing library has to be high performant. It will also not provide a "print help summary" option.
All visible functions have a prefix "op_". See tests/main.c for example how to use the library.
After version 2.0, I will only write bug fixes for this lib. If you want some features in this lib, please write a pull request. I want this lib for my other project (thessc). So if it's working, I have no interests in adding features if I don't need them (but in bugfixes of course).
Version numbers are 2.x for bugfixes, there will be no version 3.0, if nobody writes it. I will not do it.