PK-DB - a pharmacokinetics database
[^] PK-DB is a database and web interface for pharmacokinetics data and information from clinical trials as well as pre-clinical research. PK-DB allows to curate pharmacokinetics data integrated with the corresponding meta-information
- characteristics of studied patient collectives and individuals (age, bodyweight, smoking status, ...)
- applied interventions (e.g., dosing, substance, route of application)
- measured pharmacokinetics time courses and pharmacokinetics parameters (e.g., clearance, half-life, ...).
Important features are
- the representation of experimental errors and variation
- the representation and normalisation of units
- annotation of information to biological ontologies
- calculation of pharmacokinetics information from time courses (apparent clearance, half-life, ...)
- a workflow for collaborative data curation
- strong validation rules on data, and simple access via a REST API
PK-DB is available at https://pk-db.com
How to cite
[^] If you use PK-DB data or the web interface cite
PK-DB: PharmacoKinetics DataBase for Individualized and Stratified Computational Modeling
Jan Grzegorzewski, Janosch Brandhorst, Dimitra Eleftheriadou, Kathleen Green, Matthias König
bioRxiv 760884; doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/760884
Grzegorzewski J, Brandhorst J, Green K, Eleftheriadou D, Duport Y, Barthorscht F, Köller A, Ke DYJ, De Angelis S, König M. PK-DB: pharmacokinetics database for individualized and stratified computational modeling. Nucleic Acids Res. 2020 Nov 5:gkaa990. doi: 10.1093/nar/gkaa990. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33151297.
If you use PK-DB code cite in addition
[^] PK-DB code and documentation is licensed as
[^] Jan Grzegorzewski and Matthias König are supported by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF, Germany) within the research network Systems Medicine of the Liver (LiSyM, grant number 031L0054).
© 2017-2020 Jan Grzegorzewski & Matthias König; https://livermetabolism.com.