Simple Twitter Widget
A simple but powerful widget to display updates from a Twitter feed. Configurable and reliable.
This widget lets you display your latest tweets on your blog. Various configuration options are available.
- No need to enter your Twitter password
- Simple but reliable caching, so your website won't slow down
- Various options such as clickable URLs and usernames, date format etc.
- Supports multiple instances at the same time
- Fully compatible with widget-ready themes
Option 1 - Automatic install
Use the plugin installer built into WordPress to search. WordPress will then download and install it for you.
Option 2 - Manual install
- Make sure the files are within a folder.
- Copy the whole folder into the wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Log into WordPress and activate the plugin. You can now select the widget under Appearance / Widgets.
Frequently Asked Questions
What could be the reason if the widget doesn't work?
The code has been extensively tested and most issues can be resolved by trying the following:
- make sure your server / WordPress can connect to Twitter
- check if your WordPress upload directory is writable. This is where the widget tries to store the cache file
- try other public Twitter feeds
- temporarily set the caching interval to a low value like 10 and see if it makes a difference.
Also keep in mind it will only work with public Twitter feeds, not private ones.
- Clickable hashtags (thanks Tyler Longren)
- Added new option to HTML-encode special characters like ampersands (requested)
- Bugfix for multiple feeds
- URL detection should be more reliable now
- Fix for potential problem with feed update interval
- Tested with WordPress 3.0
- Initial release.