Please sign in to comment.
Add resource requests/limits for all containers
All the containers I deploy should have resource requests/limits. Currently, for simplicities sake, I make those request and the limit values the same. Essentially, that's guaranteeing the container will have X resources to function. The summation of the container requests is equivalent to the resources my cluster needs. By specifying resource requests/limits before deploying the pod, I'll find out at deploy time if I don't have the necessary resources to run an application on my cluster. I can use `kubectl describe node` to get more information about the resource requests of each pod and their summation on each node. For now, these values are best guesses. However, I will reevaluate them over time as I get more experience running k8s.
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 35 additions and 4 deletions.
- +7 −0 applications/alertmanager/templates/alertmanager.yaml
- +7 −0 applications/blog/templates/deployment.yaml
- +7 −0 applications/grafana/templates/deployment.yaml
- +7 −1 applications/metrics-server/templates/metrics-server-deployment.yaml
- +2 −2 applications/prometheus-operator/templates/deployment.yaml
- +5 −1 applications/prometheus/templates/prometheus.yaml