Mattly's Planck layout
This planck layout is optimized for, in order:
- moving work from my pinkies to my thumbs
- writing lisp/clojure code in my evil-mode based emacs setup
- tapping out messages in chat applications such as slack
- writing english in markdown files in said emacs
- navigating mac applications
- writing english in a web browser on a macintosh
- writing other programming languages' code in said emacs
- writing english in other contexts
- literally anything else
You may notice that
enter is on a layer. This is an experiment and I kind of
like it so far, since many programs interpret that keystroke as a "commit"
of some kind.
works in progress
I'm trying to figure out how to make some things easier to do with the mouse or one-handed. Right now the combo of entering numbers and using a mouse with my right hand is kind of annoying. I want to be able to toggle layers on, but only from within that layer.