The Full Stack Python Guide to Deployments
This repository is the code companion to Full Stack Python Guide to Deployments book.
The book is now available on Gumroad!
The following links take you to each chapter’s corresponding tag as the book builds up the automation scripts progressively:
- 01-introduction: just the README and a stub directory for SSH keys
- 02-servers: Fabric
- 03-operating systems: start of the Ansible playbook
- 04-web-servers: builds Nginx configuration into the Ansible playbook
- 05-source-control: adds Git repository cloning to the playbook
- 06-databases: sets up PostgreSQL and Redis
- 07-application-dependencies: installs Python packages into a virtualenv, establishes environment variables and syncs the app to the database
- 08-wsgi-servers: configures Supervisor to run the app with Green Unicorn
- 09-task-queues: adds to the Supervisor configuration for Celery and Redis
- 10-continuous-integration: modifies the Ansible playbook so it does not prompt for SUDO password for CI server