This repo contains some scripts and data for my college football analytics work.
- 247_recruit_rankings_05_16.csv: Contains the 247 composite team rankings for classes signed form years 2008 - 2016 for all current FBS teams.
- cfb_schedule_05_15.csv: Contains the FBS schedule and results for the 2005-2015 regular seasons (the 2015 regular season's title game happened in 2016) from cfb reference.
- cfb_schedule_16.csv: Contains the upcoming FBS schedule from college football reference.
- nfl_draft_05_16.csv contains the last 11 years of draft picks from pro football reference.
- DraftValue.csv: Chase Stuart's Draft Value charts
- team_name_master_list.csv: Provides a common naming convention for teams across the different files.
- qbr_weekly_05_15.csv: The weekly QBR and EPA data from ESPN for college QBs from 2005-2015.
- 247_recruit_scrape.R: R script to pull years of team rankings from 247 team rankings. If you want more information than I pulled (like the number of 5 stars in a class) you'll have to change the inspector gadget css to pull.
- cfbreference_schedule_scrape.R: R script to download multiple years of schedule from the cfb reference shcedule and results page. In addition you can get the upcoming season's schedule. Historic schedules and upcoming schedules are a little different so require different steps.
- draft_scrape.R: R script to draft pick data.
- team_cleanup.R: All the different sources use a different naming convention. This script tries to find all the matches between the three so that you can link records across different data sets.
- qbr_weekly_scrape.R: WARNING; the ESPN servers hate scraping so you have to space the requests out a lot so if you want to download this data on your own be warned.