Inspired by my 2-year old son who is very interested in my wireless bluetooth keyboard.
Pair an external bluetooth keyboard to your iOS device.
Press the right arrow key to select a mode.
- Press a key and hear it said.
- Hunt for and press a key that is spoken aloud.
- Type the abc's in order.
- not hearing speech in simulator, only on device
- mute switch is respected, so make sure device is not muted
- noticeable latency between when key is pressed and spoken. Tried pre-caching AVSpeechUtterances, and no noticeable improvement there.