A theme for Emulationstation and RetroPie
Io is a simple black and white theme created for EmulationStation and RetroPie. Well, not exactly black and white. I found the pure white to be too bright on the eyes, so I toned it down to #0c0c0c and #d8d8d8.
Io comes with 3 different sizes to deal with different sized screens:
- Large is the default size for TVs and computer monitors. The Detailed View shows all metadata except for the Publisher. I had to sacrifce something for space, and that one seemed like the best to remove.
- Medium removes most of the metadata from the Detailed View, leaving just the Image, Genre and Number of Players. This has been designed play nicely on 4:3 resolutions.
- Small is for small screens like those in Pi-modded gameboys. The fonts are larger in both Basic and Detailed Views for easier viewing on a smaller screen. Detailed View only shows the Image and the Gamelist, and the gamelist only shows 3 titles at a time. The help menu has also been removed from Basic and Detailed Views to maximise available space.
To change which size is used, open io.xml and change line 17:
to say either 'small', 'medium' or 'large'.
I used the same system folders as Carbon V2.0.4. I also used the .svg images from Carbon, but changed all the colours to #0c0c0c and #d8d8d8 (that was time consuming) so they fit the theme.
More images available on Imgur.
- All Logo graphics are from the default Carbom theme made by Eric Hettervik.
- All screenshot artwork owned be their respective owners.
- This theme currently doesn't take into account either the GridView Mod, or the Child-Friendly versions of EmulationStation, but there are plans for them in the future.
- added Large, Medium and Small sizes.
- removed fontSize bug.
2016-09-07 v1.0 Initial version