Search YouTube for geographically tagged videos by location, topic, or channel. Videos are viewable in a map and exportabled to CSV.
What's unique about this tool? How can you use it?
- Find cool videos where you live or anywhere in the world!
- What videos were posted by you in the last week? (find me, past 7 days)
- What livestreams are running now in my state/country? (find me, radius 500 or 1000, live events only)
- Use it for investigative purposes, OSINT.
- Channel searching allows you to check all the uploads on a channel for geotags and displays them in a map.
- Topic searching allows you to check if any uploads found by regular searching or keywords have geotags (though, not many do).
- Location searching allows you to find videos with geotags within your chosen radius and timeframe.
- Results can be directly opened in my YouTube Metadata tool to give all details about that video and its author.
- Export results in CSV and JSON and import back to view again
- Query API to share a search or linked custom search from your own site/tool
For more details about this app and YouTube geotags, check out the wiki!
Refer to the wiki for more detail about the Query API.
Refer to BUILD.md
for instructions on how to build and run
youtube-geofind from source.
Contributions are welcome, refer to CONTRIBUTING.md for more detail.