ADAM: All-Data Asteroid Modelling
ADAM is a program for 3D shape reconstruction of asteroids from disk-resolved observations. Current version supports lightcurves, albedo variegation, adaptive optics, occultations, and range-Doppler radar images. Raw images are used directly, boundary extraction is not required. Source code for thermal modelling is also included, but not currently integrated into main program.
- KissFFT (https://sourceforge.net/projects/kissfft)
- Iniparser (https://github.com/ndevilla/iniparser)
- Wcstools (http://tdc-www.harvard.edu/wcstools)
KissFFT, Iniparser and Wcstools folders are included for convenience; they come with their own licenses.
- Build Iniparser
- Build Wcstools
- Change Makefile to reflect installed libraries, i.e. change reflapacke, reflapack, atlas and atlcbas.
- make adam
This program has been tested on Linux with gcc 5.3.
ADAM uses ini files to process data. For an example of asteroid Hertha, 135_1.ini and 135_1_oct.ini (usage: ./adam 135_1.ini). For all available config options and short descriptions, see the file Adam.ini. Adam.pdf contains some useful tips. For theoretical background, read Shape reconstruction from generalized projections.
This software is licensed under CC Attribution 4.0 international License.
If you use ADAM in your research, please cite Viikinkoski, M; Kaasalainen, M.; Durech, J.: ADAM: a general method for for using various data types in asteroid reconstruction, A&A Vol 576, 2015.
Bug reports, data, feature suggestions and comments are welcome.
Matti Viikinkoski (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Added support for occultation chord offsets
- Added support for optimizing occultation chord offsets
- Added support for calibrated lightcurves
- Support for albedo variegation
- Documentation expanded
- Utility program (make thermal) to calculate temperature distribution of an asteroid using FFT. Shadowing effects are taken into account.
- Makefile for the intel compiler. ICC produces considerably faster code than the GCC.
- Occultations: Improved handling of negative chords
- Python and Matlab utilities for displaying shapes and plotting projections and occultations. See Readme in the Utils directory.
- Hapke scattering law
- Integration of thermal modelling stuff into the main program