Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
Hawaii is a Qt 5 and Wayland based desktop environment that constitutes of several modules.
- CI: continuous integration and simplified tool to build all Hawaii modules from git.
- Fluid: library for fluid and dynamic applications development with QtQuick.
- Widget Styles: styles for QtWidgets-based applications.
- Icon Themes: icon themes.
- Wallpapers: set of default wallpapers.
- Green Island: Wayland compositor.
- Hawaii Shell: Shell.
- Widget Factory: simple application to test Widget Styles.
- Swordfish: the file manager.
- EyeSight: image visualization program.
- Archiver: compressed archives manager.
- System Preferences: contains configuration modules (wallpaper, network, ...).
- Terminal: a terminal emulator.
A repository with tools to build all the Hawaii modules from git submodules. Evey commit to this repository activate a Travis CI build. You can check the build status here.
It's a library with classes and custom components for QtQuick-based applications development.
Styles for QtWidgets and QtQuick Controls applications.
Icon themes that follow the [Icon Naming Specification](http://standards.freedesktop.org/icon-theme-spec/icon-theme-spec-latest.html|Icon Theme Specification]] and the [[http://standards.freedesktop.org/icon-naming-spec/icon-naming-spec-latest.html).
A selection of default wallpapers.
Modular Wayland compositor. Compositors for different kind of UX are loaded from plugins, at the moment we are focused on the desktop variant, but this architecture will let us prepare a tablet version as well.
Shell for different kind of UX, at the moment we are focused on the desktop variant but more variants can be made.
Simple applications to test QtWidgets and QtQuick Controls styles.
Simple and elegant file manager.
Fast and easy to use image viewer.
- Build-time dependencies: Qt5PrintSupport, Qt5LinguistTools, VibeWidgets
- Run-time dependencies: Qt5PrintSupport, VibeWidgets
Compressed archives manager.
- Build-time dependencies: Qt5LinguistTools, VibeWidgets
- Run-time dependencies: VibeWidgets